Back Home in Lakebay

I think I inherited my dads love for gardening. I feel like I could just be outside in the dirt all day long. I absolutely love planting, weeding, and everything else that gardening entails. Not only is it relaxing it's my time to talk with God. So today I was able to spend some time doing just that. Because my mom has a community supported agriculture system going we constantly need to be on top of rotating crops. My dad had so much knowledge on planting, fertilizing, hydroponics, where to plant, when to plant, and so on, that I wish I would have tapped into it more. There is so much to do when you have a huge garden. I don't know how things will go next year, but right now we're keeping things going. Needless to say, Josh and I have been super busy since we've back! There is so much to do around here that it can sometimes be overwhelming, but we're taking it one day at a time. In spite of all our busy times, we are astounded at the blessings that we have received since my dad passed away. My mom wrote down everything and put them on the fridge, and the list keeps growing. In the midst of everything we are constantly reminded of God's grace and love. Thank you everyone!

No comments: